Wednesday, January 13, 2010

go usa.

Jacob has asked me numerous times, "Why is everything made in China?' Well son, because they can make it cheaper which makes those companies more money. Usually they not only make it cheaper but they make it smaller.

Jacob is always looking at labels. "Mom, what is H-O-N-D-U-R-A-S?" Hm. That is another country the US sends their product for cheaper manufacturing. "Well, what is made in the US?" Not much anymore, honey. "What about Texas? What is made here?" Gosh, what is made here in the grand state of Texas? Not being a knowledgeable native, I go with the only obvious: TEXAS INSTRUMENTS. They make calculators. "Well what else?" Hmm ...

Yesterday I read an email from a friend discussing a desire to shop for USA made products. I suppose there is several of these floating around. I caught myself checking the labels last night as I did my grocery shopping. I felt really good when I did find something made right here; mostly the off-brand but I see nothing wrong with that. I end up saving a few cents in the process and perhaps the job of a fellow American.

Try it yourself, see what you can find made in America. You may be surprised!

2 comments:

kara said...

also. dr pepper is made in texas. or it started being made there!

katie said...

I googled made in Texas- mostly found rustic/western goods and furniture. If he wants to be a cowboy, they still make boots & saddles/tack here. And baseball gloves as well. Thank you Nokona.

I know I bought some grapes today, from some foreign country and they are awful. Thats what I get for not supporting the home of the brave.