Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello...Hello?

Where is everyone these days? Probably the same place I've been. ...

So, another school year has started. Isaac started Pre-K and LOVES it. His eyes twinkle with excitement. Unless I say we have errands to run after school and then a big bottom lip pokes out, not as big as some but big enough to make me say: I don't ever want to see that look on your face again!

Evann has moved to kindergarten but has her same teacher and classroom. I was slightly disappointed in that because that is half the fun of a new school year: new teacher, new classroom. ... new. Everything is the same for her. Overall it really is fine because we both like her teacher.

Jacob is growing up quickly. Third grade is still so young and yet he wants teenager toys. Money, Mom, I want some money. Jacob, you are too young to be thinking like that! But I want an iPod so I can listen to music. He asked me yesterday, Mom, can I have an iPAD? How bout no Scott. ... He loves music. Loves it! We started this week with basic piano lessons. Truly I am not the one he should be learning from but there is no one else at the moment.

Scouts, soccer, church, life, trucks our days are filled and I am struggling to find time. Organized time. Time that can be captured for just a moment. Time to process the day, heck, the last 5 minutes would be nice too. Time to be a regular family where my husband doesn't have to leave. Where we can go and do as others do. You know, I spend 30 minutes on 1 phone call to get insurance on a pickup yesterday. 30 minutes! It should be illegal for it to take that long on the phone. Every time I call Dish Network it is 30 minutes. Guaranteed. All due to those lousy self automated phone systems. Did you say ... NO I DIDN'T! I immediately am on edge when someone says I have to call Dish. I write this cause I am getting ready to make that call. I really don't want to make that call but I have put it off since the 6th of September and soon enough Jake will ask why I hadn't handled that yet and I will have to say: But, honey, it's Dish. ... Please, I would rather be surrounded by large bouncing crickets. ...Well, I may have to think that one through.

Once again, I write about lost time. Time I am losing right now. Time ticks as I watch my goats cross the street to eat the weeds in the across alley. I must go tend to those escape artists. I am always going after them. They, like children, or most people really, do not like to be caged in. They want their freedom to roam. Roam into the neighbors weed patches. Or perhaps escape us. Nah, they seem to like us enough. Perhaps they are not getting enough food. This would explain why the weeds are always greener on the other side of the street. ...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Just keep being super mom! I need a good role model. When our little Smudge gets here it will be WWRD? Plus, I will be around to bug you and take up more of that time you don't have. You are my hero Ryann!

melissa said...

You my Sweet are a gem that is all I can say !!! You are appreciated and loved greatly for all that you do for this big family !!!

Josh and Hil said...

Ryann you are AWESOME and i wish we lived closer so that we can get the full willden experience with everyone else! Keep us update on life in Texas.