Wednesday, October 12, 2011

more changes.

Fall has finally come to Texas. The days of triple digit heat has finally subsided. Thank the Lord! I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. We finally got some much needed rain. I love rain. I love thunderstorms and overcast skies. Sometimes I think we belong in the Pacific NW but the rest of my clan does not agree. Go figure. So in Texas I remain. Hot and sticky.

Life has thrown me for yet another loop...so many changes...My parents are threatening to move to Seymour this winter. I welcome the threat but it keeps getting pushed back. First it was December and now March. So who knows. But regardless, they want to buy our house. SOOO again I am moving. Back to The Hill we will go. Devin has helped us with the demolition of the building. I WISH I had before and after pics. It is amazing what he has done. Everything was basically gutted. Nothing remains but the apartment and a wall for our bedroom. Its just one large and spacious building. Pun intended but seriously...it's just a massive space of emptiness. And we like it that way. There will be no walls but for the rooms and bathrooms, obviously. The kitchen takes up 1/4 of the space. It will be massive. Or at least it looks like it on paper. We are supposed to move in December. I wonder if it will be ready by then??

So I am also pregnant. Yeah, you read that right. #6 is on its way, due May 1st. I uhm, don't know how I feel. Other than sick all the time. It's a bit surreal. I thought I was done (as I did with every child previously). Apparently not.

Another change came when Jake got called to be our Branch President. He promptly released me as Primary President. This is very difficult for me. I have served in primary for almost 9 years. I have watched these kids grow up. I have laughed with them and cried over them, and had to repent for my thoughts about them. And now its over. Just when I think I am emotionally sound, they ask the new primary presidency to speak in sacrament meeting and I bawl through the whole thing... because I am out. And next years theme is INCREDIBLE. I love it and really wanted to be apart of it. But I am not and I have to deal with that. I wonder how long it will take?

I guess that is the end of my rant today. The end of my list of life changes. Aaron is desperate for something, attention or food. Who knows. Guess I need to find out being his mother and all.  

2 comments:

Josh and Hil said...

i was surprised to hear that you guys your expecting again! BUT babies sure are a joy! you need to move to idaho and have all 4 seasons, it's fabulous! we miss you guys and are in need of some family fun. tell everyone "hi".

melissa said...

I love reading your blog... I miss you guys so much and wish that I could be there to help but I guess I am helping to some degree... It seems like it's going to be forever before we get to come home but I suppose that's just part of it !! I can't wait to see what your new house will look like and I'm sure it's going to be great!! I think I'm most excited about seeing the kitchen... I hope that it's everything thing you want and deserve !! We are blessed to call you Family !! Give my love to the kiddos and tell them I love them dearly !! "Aunt Missy "