Wednesday, July 23, 2008

still moving.

We've moved over some things but I need more. Naturally. Really, we just moved beds, fridge and stove so I need A LOT more. I've cleaned out much of my kitchen and have to say if I had cleaned out my cabinets more often I would have known that mice were able to get to the top shelf of my spice cabinet. Whoda thought they were that nimble?! Who do they think they are? Can I not have one place that is just mine?? No infestations of any kind!?

So I start unpacking some items yesterday and excitedly opened my silverware drawer for the first time since we set them up the night before. I plop a few razor blades into the drawer (Something we never have enough of. Weird.)and see movement. Crap, what was that? Big spider. WHY? I thought we bug/mice proofed our living quarters. Uhm no. What was I thinking? I left the critter alone cause I don't want to spray Black Flag into where my silverware will go and I most certainly will not grab paper towels and pick it up. SO I check this morning and it is gone. Nice. Where o where will it turn up next. Sock drawer? Ruben's diaper basket? Only time will tell. I did, however, spray the perimeter with some at-home bug treatment stuff. Let's hope the spider got a good whiff and will turn up upside down ... soon.

I saw the alligator lizard today. I did not tell Jacob though. He'd obsess about it again. Hm. Wonder where that comes from?

I really don't have time for more so another day, another time. Until then, keep blogging all. I look forward to reading your thoughts. By the way, I am not feeling as crabby...about a 4 on the scale. Although, I really have no patience for misbehaving children. My poor kids have it rough right now. Eh, they're resilient. They will get a big fat gift when all is said & done for being such troopers. Not sure what yet but perhaps something I don't even know about. Good bye.

3 comments:

kara said...

you are one step closer dear sister. i am off to do my laundry..not looking forward to it..but it must be done. thanks again for all your help.

katie said...

I am more interested in the gift for children, and will it be something I can enjoy? Like in-ground pool? Give it a thought.

Anonymous said...

You all are so funny, I so miss spending time with each and everyone of you but thank goodness I have you all and eternaly greatful for that knowledge. I love each of you in your own unique way!!!! ;) " AM "