Sunday, December 14, 2008

loose tooth.

Jacob has informed me that he has a loose tooth. Yeah! I am so excited for him. I say to my little man, "come here and let me see--let me yank on it some." He does and I feel a wave of emotion as I pull my finger out of his mouth. This is real. He's growing up. Oh my gosh, next it will be "boxers or briefs?" and soon after commando (I think every young man has tried it once ... maybe more ...)

I am so happy that he is so happy. Jake told him he would help get it out when he gets home. I smiled a confident smile--"Jacob, I won't let your father pull your tooth before it's ready." I paused, thought about what I just promised and with a nervous smile I tell him, "Honey, I will try my very best to talk your dad OUT of pulling your tooth before it's ready." I think we all know that when Jake has a mind to do something ... Anyway, he wants to tell everyone he knows but no one seems to answer the phone. (We haven't tried Kara yet since she has a crazy schedule and we have a fear of waking her.) So pretty soon the boy will be going through the awkward stage that no child should have to endure.

Oh, he also saw a picture of Brad Pitt before he became a douche bag with that absolute bitch of a "partner" Angelina (insert vomit spewing face) you know: Legends of the Fall Brad Pitt. Well, his shirt was off and he had a six-pack that is now the envy of Jacob's young mind. He said he wants one and is willing to do the work to get it. First thing this morning he did 23 push ups (whatever that means)and some number of sit ups. And then later when we went to the park he wanted to run around to work on his abs. Cute kid.

I am tired. It's late and I have church in the morning.

3 comments:

kara said...

funny enough..i just saw legends of the fall..ahh tristan..i will call jacob. and you can call me ANYTIME!!

kara said...

ok..first of all..you made me food..and second of all I WENT TO WICHITA with YOU (and kiddos)..and thank you VERY much WE DID go out to eat AT THE JALEPENO TREE!! so tell me again what you are????? that's what i thought. And while you are 'old' you are not quite old enough for senility to have taken over your life/mind. love you!!

jrwillden said...

I re-read this post of mine and find my words for Brad and Angelina were a bit harsh. I still feel that way but I didn't have to put it in writing. So please forgive me if I have offended anyone. ;)