Sunday, June 22, 2008

the time?

While discussing with Jake the idea that I will have a blog he asked me...do you have the time? (Hm. Interesting question.) He continues: See, you tell me you don't have time to do many of the things I have asked you not to mention the things you said you wanted to do for the family--like the laundry. I am still waiting for reports that I asked you for weeks ago. (True. True.) When do you think you have the time to do this?

I accept the point he is making--You are right Jake, I have neglected things. I half-heartedly plead my case stating why it may be good for us...It will give me things to talk about with him. (Long explanations that I won't trouble you with at this time.)And he says that's fine. He doesn't mind the blog but he won't be very happy if my blog is up to date and his financial records are not. So in the end I have been humbled. I can't justify making time for the things I want to do while only putting forth half the effort to the number one priority--the company. (Well, #1 after the family and what not.) So I may have a blog entry for the day but that will be after I have done my bookkeeping duty for the day.

I know this sounds almost silly but how do you argue against truth? I have asked Jake to help me become what I was years ago, organized and mindful of the task at hand. This will perhaps help me get one step closer to a newly reformed priority driven, organized Ryann. This is what I look forward to. I hate the chaos I have created.

On another note, I anxiously await my parents arrival. Jacob is out casting his fishing pole--just practicing for when he and Grandpa will hit up Miller Creek or maybe Lake Kemp. I dunno. Where's there any good fishing here where you can cook over an open fire. Dad likes to cook breakfast in the morning over an open flame after a hard (yet relaxing) morning of fishing. Or maybe during. I dunno that either cause it's been YEARS since I've fished with him.

That time issue comes to mind again. I gotta go. There is bound to be a load of laundry waiting for me...adios...




4 comments:

kara said...

i am glad you are stickin with the blog..i love it..and i miss you and your kids and my brother..so this helps a bit. i forgot about your parents coming..that is exciting for your kids. they should call me sometime! love!

katie said...

Considering how old this post is, perhaps not. But I am with Kara and will anxiously wait for you to bless us with further not so much light and knowledge but something different altogether, and mostly worth the wait.

auntie said...

I'm waiting too!

katie said...

Ryann...You do not have the time.